Last edit: 03/04/2020
Valid for students admitted to the education from autumn semester 2020-2021.
Apart from the stated goals for a Bachelor of Science degree, the students should be able to reach the following targets:
Knowledge and understanding
• To reach a level of specialized knowledge enabling the completion of advanced tasks within the field of economy, law and mathematics with a specialization towards the stated fields of work in real estate development and finance.
Skills and abilities
• To be able to develop an advanced capability of communicating verbally and orally in the stated fields of real estate development and finance industry
• To develop a capacity to follow and apply the latest findings within the real estate and finance fields, both concerning practices and relevant research.
• To be able to develop a capacity to act independently, and in groups, in translating formal knowledge into practices in the field.
Ability to make judgments and adopt a standpoint
The bachelors program aims to provide the students with:
• a profound knowledge regarding the role of the real estate and finance industries in the overall context of the built society and how the real estate industry contributes to a sustainable society.
• a deeper understanding of using the customer’s perspective in both the real estate and the financial industry.
• a genuine knowledge regarding the implication of law and the legal infrastructure in decision-making processes in both the real estate and the financial industry.
• knowledge in order to make complex decisions with regard to relevant research and societal implications, for different types of projects within the real estate and financial industry.
• a capablility to use their acquired knowledge in the field in order to be able to develop their own competences and how these can be enhanced.
Complete information regarding the overall requirements for bachelors’ degrees can be found at KTH´s website.