Last edit: 13/11/2008
Construction engineering and health is an interdisciplinary programme in which the goals are to combine a construction engineer’s competence with a deeper understanding of health concepts and for the factors which promote health and prevent from ill-health.
The programme educates the student for work within the construction area as well as project management, production or administration.
The programme will provide the student with base knowledge within the subject area and good orientation in management elements, such as: project management, production and administration of buildings and construction. Furthermore, the programme aims to provide the student awareness about how construction affects society with regards to human needs and conditions, and of society’s goals regarding resource sustainability, economy and environment.
In order to be able to follow the ever faster technical development and the changes it results in, the student must acquired the ability to delve into a new technical area and be given a good basis for continuous personal development and “life-long learning” both within the main area and new subject areas.
After the programme, the student should:
- have the ability to apply basic knowledge within natural science subject such as mathematics and mechanics
- be able to apply fundamental technical specialised knowledge within, for example, construction engineering, production, and computer-based engineering tools such as CAD.
- have the ability to understand connections between construction engineering and architecture (understanding for the builder and architect’s work)
- be able to independently solve minor technical problems within the construction engineering area
- have the skills to communicate orally and in writing, in English, and the ability to work effectively in projects
- have awaresness about Swedish build and environment legislation such as plan and construction laws, building regulations and energy legislation.
- have knowledge about the players and work forms of the business
- have fundamental knowledge within industrial business
- have awareness about effects of work for humans and environments
- show knowledge about health concepts in a wide meaning and the factors which affect human health
- show general knowledge about the human anatomy
- show knowledge within ergonomics, injury prevention, and risk analysis
- show insights about ethical questions connected to health and medical care