Last edit: 11/03/2014
In order to be eligible to the master’s programme, a relevant higher education degree of at least 180 credits, degree of bachelor in science or in engineering, or technical bachelor’s degree preferably within Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Energy Engineering, where courses in engineering mechanics, applied thermodynamics and heat transfer are required. Other corresponding technical or natural scientific degrees on the first level can also give eligibility, providing that courses in engineering thermodynamics, heat transfer, fluid dynamics, mathematics and numerical methods are included.. Such specific requirements may be assessed as not fulfilled if
1. The average grade is in the lower third on the grading scale used (above pass level).
2. The degree awarding institution is not considered to meet acceptable quality standards by the authorities of the country in which the institution is located.
3. The degree does not qualify for admission to equivalent Master level in the country where the degree is awarded.
Other studies or work experiences are judged on the basis of the actual competences which are referred to.
A sound and documented knowledge of written and spoken English is required from all applicants. Applicants who do not qualify for a waiver as described by official KTH admission requirements must provide proof of English proficiency via one of the following tests:
- IELTS – Score 6.5 or higher, with a minimum of 5.5 on written section
- TOEFL – Minimum score 580 paper-based (written 4), 237 computer-based (written 4), or 92 Internet-based (written 22)
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE) – grade "A", "B" or "C"
The selection to the programme is based on the evaluation of the following criteria: university/higher education institute, courses relevance for the programme, grades, suggestion to the degree project, recommendation letters, work experience and references.
Admissions is handled by one of the partners within the consortium, in accordance with the Consortium Agreement.