Last edit: 15/08/2019
The aim of the program is to provide a mathematical foundation for wireless and wired communication, communication networks, and analysis of information and data in networks. The student gets the opportunity to obtain deeper knowledge on both theory and applications within networks, digital communications, and information or media processing.
Knowledge and understanding
For the master’s degree, the student should:
- show knowledge and understanding within communication, communication networks, information and signal processing, including an overview of the area as well as substantially deeper knowledge within at least one of the above mentioned specializations.
- Show deepened knowledge about methods within the area.
Skills and abilities
For the master’s degree, the student should be able to:
- use suitable mathematical methods and models to formulate, design and analyze solutions within the problem area and implement them in software.
- present and discuss technical systems and solutions, both orally and in writing.
- work independently and in group, to plan and lead work, critically evaluate the quality of own work and to be able to continuously improve it.
- read and understand research results within the field and to apply the results.
Ability to make judgments and adopt a standpoint
For the Master’s Degree, the student should:
- show the ability to, within the technical area, make judgments with regards to relevant scientific, social, and ethical aspects and show awareness about ethical aspects in research and development work
- show insight about technology’s possibilities and limitations, its role in society and humans’ responsibility for how it is used
- Show the ability to identify his/her need for further knowledge and take responsibility for developing his/her knowledge.