Masterprogram, ingenjörstillämpad matematik (TITMM), Utbildningsplan för kull HT2015
Senast ändrad: 2014-12-11
This master’s program (N5TeAM) is a Nordic master’s program given in cooperation by the five partners of the Nordic Five Tech consortium of universities consisting of: KTH, Aalto University, Helsinki, Chalmers University of Technology, Göteborg, Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Trondheim, Technical University of Denmark (DTU), Lyngby.
The main objective of N5TeAM is to train students in Applied and Engineering Mathematics together with a wide range of interdisciplinary applications in industry and science.
Kunskap och förståelse
A master’s student with a degree from the N5TeAM programme has:
- qualified and broad knowledge in the field of Applied and Engineering Mathematics including techniques for mathematical modeling, analysis of mathematical models, and simulation,
- profound competencies in mathematical and computational disciplines which are applicable in industry, business world, and public administration,
- qualified knowledge in a certain area of applied mathematics which comes close to active areas of research and allows for actively taking part in research.
Färdigheter och förmågor
A master’s student with a degree from the N5TeAM programme has the ability to:
- formulate mathematical models, choose suitable methods to investigate these models including the efficient use of computer tools,
- analyze different mathematical models within science and technology and work creatively, systematically and critically,
- find strategies for the solution of different types of mathematical models using knowledge about the possibilities and limitations of the different methods and tools,
- communicate effectively with professionals within applied and engineering mathematics as well as with persons working with different scientific-technological applications in an interdisciplinary context,
- communicate effectively with management as well as society at large using written and oral presentations,
- cooperate effectively with colleagues with different cultural backgrounds.
Värderingsförmåga och förhållningssätt
A master’s student with a degree from the N5TeAM programme can:
- critically judge validity and limitations of results obtained from different types of mathematical models,
- identify the need for further knowledge in the field and take responsibility for keeping his/her personal knowledge up to date.
Beyond this, there are similar goals for Master’s degrees defined in the higher education ordinance.