Last edit: 07/01/2019
A completed Bachelor's degree, equivalent to a Swedish Bachelor's degree (180 hp), from a university recognized by government or accredited by other recognized organization. A Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering is required for most programs (please see the relevant program description).
Applicants admitted to longer technical study programs and who have completed courses equivalent to an amount of 180 hp, will be considered on a casebycase basis.
Applicants must provide proof of their English language proficiency, which is generally established through an internationally recognized test. For all specialisations the following are accepted:
- TOEFL Internetbased test, iBT (www.toefl.org). A total score of at least 92 (with writing section 22) is required.
- IELTS Academic Training test (www.ielts.org). An overall band score of at least 6.5, with no section lower than 6, is required.
- University of Cambridge/University of Oxford Certificates:
Certificate in Advanced English (CAE): grades A C are accepted.
Certificate of Proficiency in English (CPE): grades A C are accepted.
- Students with 30 higher education credits (equivalent to 30 ECTS credits) from an EU/EEA country or Switzerland where the language of instruction of the course is English.
- Students with 30 higher education credits (equivalent to 30 ECTS credits) from a university that is physically located in one of the following countries: USA, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia or New Zealand.
- TOEFL PBT (paperbased test): Score of 4.5 (scale 16) in written test, total score of 575, 45 in the written part.
- Turkish students who have studied a 1 year preparatory class in English at a University.
- Swedish applicants that can demonstrate knowledge in English “Engelska B”
- Applicants from some other countries that can demonstrate high-school knowledge in English “Engelska B”, ie GCE O-level with score above C.
For students with mobility requirements, the chosen exchange university, similar to KTH, may also accept additional evidence (see local university regulations).
Internationally recognized bachelor's degree (Bachelor's degree) in Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology, including at least 60 ECTS (credits) courses in computer science, basic digital and analogue electronics, basic control theory, computer systems/computer architecture and programming, and at least 30 ECTS in mathematics, including analysis (calculus), linear algebra and mathematical statistics.
The specific requirements may be assessed as not fulfilled if:
- The degree awarding institution is not considered to meet acceptable quality standards by the authorities of the country in which the institution is located.
- The degree does not qualify for admission to equivalent Master level in the country where the degree is awarded.
Applicants admitted to basic technical education and who have completed courses equivalent to 180 credits will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
The selection process for non-mobility students is based on the following selection criteria: university status (weight = 4), study result (weight = 3), motivation for studies (weight = 2), references (weight = 1) and work experience (weight = 1). The evaluation scale is 175. The selection process is administered by KTH.
The selection process for mobility students is based on the following criteria: university status, study results, motivation for the studies, relevant work experience, and overall CV assessment. The selection process is managed by EIT Digital.