Last edit: 21/11/2019
General admission requirements
A completed Bachelor's degree - corresponding to a Swedish Bachelor's degree (180 credits), or equivalent academic qualifications from an internationally recognized university.
For more information regarding general admission requirements, see: https://www.kth.se/en/studies/master/molecular-techniques-life-science/entry-requirements
Specific admission requirements
In addition to the general admission requirement, the programme requires:
- Courses in life science, e.g. courses in cell biology, biochemistry, microbiology, gene technology, or molecular biology corresponding to a total of at least 20 credits.
- Courses in mathematics corresponding to at least 10 credits
- English proficiency corresponding to "Engelska B" in Swedish secondary school.
English proficiency is most commonly established through an internationally recognized test.
For more information on how to show English proficiency, see: https://www.kth.se/en/studies/master/molecular-techniques-life-science/entry-requirements
All applications must be supported by documentation including Transcripts of Records, Degree certificate/Diploma, proof of English proficiency etc.
Detailed information about required documents can be found at https://www.kth.se/en/studies/master/molecular-techniques-life-science/entry-requirements
In addition, the following set of documents is required
- Curriculum Vitae
- Description and documentation of relevant work or research experience, if any
- Completed Summary sheet including motivational text
The selection process is based on the following selection criteria: University, previous studies (for instance GPA, grades in specific subjects, and English), motivation for the studies (for instance motivational text in Summary sheet, relevant work or research experience). The evaluation scale is 1-75.
KTH's general admission regulations (in Swedish) see www.kth.se.