Information for students living at Amanuensvägen 1-14, Forskarbacken 1-21 and Professorslingan 9-25.
Take the red metro line towards Mörby Centrum and get off at Universitetet. Take bus number 50 towards Stora Lappkärrsberget. Get off at the stop Professorslingan or Stora Lappkärrsberget.
Keys and locks
Upon arrival you will receive one key for your room and one electronic key tag for the entrance door and laundry room.
How to use the electronic room key
To open the lock, insert the key slowly and carefully into the lock case and turn the key. The lock is electrical and does not open if the movement is too fast. If the lock does not open, remove the key and try again. Do not use violence or bend the key when inserted in the lock. If the contact wire has become dirty, wipe the key with a soft cloth. The key must be replaced if the contact wire is damaged. You may not use the key to other than open and lock doors, it can then be damaged and unusable.
If you misplace your key
You are responsible for your keys; if you lose them, you will have to pay the cost of a new lock, which will be between 855-4500 SEK. If you misplace your key during office hours you can borrow an extra key temporarily at KTH Entré, please email email@example.com . If you misplace your key on evenings or weekends, it is up to you if you want to contact the emergency fault report number (on this page further down) and pay for this service, or stay with a friend and wait until the office is open again.
- Shared kitchen: it is the responsibility of all students to keep the common areas clean and tidy. Talk with your corridor mates about cleaning routines. Inspections are made regularly by SSSB.
- There should be no loud noise between 10 pm and 7 am. If you have friends over, please be understanding and respectful if a neighbour asks you to keep it down. If disturbances are extreme or recurring, you can call the emergency fault report number and report it.
- Overnight guests are not allowed by SSSB.
- Please leave the laundry rooms clean and tidy after using them.
- Do no store items (for example bicycles) on the walkway outside the rooms, as this is an escape route.
- This is a non-smoking building. You are not allowed to smoke in your apartment or the common areas. To show respect for the other tenants don't smoke outside the entrance doors.
- Fridge, freezer and kitchen appliances are not allowed in the rooms.
Internet connection is included in your rent and your internet provider is Telenor.
How to connect to the internet
You should be automatically directed to Telenor's website when you connect your computer. If not please type in aktivering.telenor.se . For technical support, please call 020–22 22 22, and submit a fault report if they are unable to help you. On the website you find only two options, left: Registration, and right: Log in.
- Go to the registration (left). It will open up a pop-up/page which asks for your area, fill out your address and pick it in the drop down menu. Put your building number in the second input box. Then the third input box will automatically show the city. Then click on register.
- It takes you to another page/pop-up where you fill in your credentials: name, email, phone number and contract end date (mentioned in the KTH accommodation contract). It is important to have a Swedish phone number for this. If you don't, you can use a friends number.
- After completing step 2, wait for 1-2 hours and you will receive login credentials on the phone number you provided, via text message. Use these to log in (the right side panel) as mentioned in the beginning. Once done, in about 10-15 minutes, restart your router and the internet will start to work.