Information for students living at Malvinas väg 12, 14, 16 and 18.
Malvinas väg is located on the main campus. Walk up Drottning Kristinas väg from the Tekniska Högskolan metro station for about 5 minutes. Turn left after the building at Drottning Kristinas väg 43. Map for Malvinas väg here .
Key and locks
Upon arrival, you will receive an electronic key for the entrance, room, laundry (door and booking) and mailbox. To lock the door to your apartment, push the door firmly and press *. If the display starts to flash, the door is not correctly closed. Push the door again and press *.
Always bring your key with you when you exit and check that your door is locked. The front door of the building must be kept closed. If the lock starts to indicate that the battery is low, make a fault report immediately
If you misplace your key
If you misplace your key during office hours, you can borrow an extra key temporarily at KTH Entré; please email firstname.lastname@example.org . If you lose your key during evenings or weekends, it is up to you to contact a locksmith and pay for this service (around SEK 3000), or stay with a friend and wait until KTH Entré is open again. There is no external spare-key service for lock-outs outside office hours at Malvinas väg.
If the batteries are out to your lock
Outside emergency opening with battery backup
If the batteries (despite the warning signs) completely drain, you can connect a 9V battery to energise the product and open the door with your electronic key. Hold the battery against the terminals on the bottom outside and identify yourself with the electronic key. Note that this method will ruin the lock function if used repeatedly; use only in an emergency.
Inside emergency opening with knob
Yale Doorman can be opened from the inside by turning the knob in the direction of opening to the horizontal position which maintains the horizontal position of the controller at the same time as you pull down the handle and open. This option is available for evacuation in case the batteries are depleted and you do not have the opportunity to change the batteries or use the backup power from the outside.
How to open the windows
The windows can be opened in two ways, tilted or opened normally.
If you have trouble opening or closing the windows, make a fault report for assistance.
Fault report KTH Accommodation
Bathroom and kitchen
- Always ensure the kitchen hood (fan) is on when cooking. It is very quiet.
- There is a dimmer in the bathroom for the light; hold down the light switch to dim it up and down.
- The tap water is of good quality and drinkable but will never get cold due to the buildings being energy-saving. If you want chilled water, place a jug of water in the fridge.
- The laundry room is located in building 18. You can book the laundry room on the screens at the entrances with your electronic key, free of charge. The doors will lock at 10 pm and are closed overnight.
- By the entrance door of your building, there is a screen where you can find information about your building, and you can book a laundry slot with your electronic key.
- Note that you can only book two machines - 3 hours - 4 times per month.
- Please clean the lint filters after drying (or the laundry won't dry properly) and tidy up after yourself.
Household garbage and recycling
- There are garbage bins outside the buildings for household garbage only. Always use a bag and tie it together properly.
- The Recycling room is located at the back of building 14, flatten packaging and put materials in the correct container.
Mailbox, Malvinas väg 16
Use your electronic key on the correct key reader. Wait for the blue light, turn, take your mail, and turn again to close. Check so that your name is on the box.
When registering your address with the Swedish Tax Office, use the four last digits of the apartment number. The full apartment number is stated on your contract.
Heating and ventilation
Each building at Malvinas väg is centrally heated by a ventilation system. The temperature is set to 20-21 degrees in all rooms and monitored by property owner Einar Mattson, although it can temporarily vary a few degrees higher or lower. The average temperature in the room depends on different things including the position in the building, number of windows, temperature outside and temperature in the rest of the building.
The heating is adjusted automatically based on thermostats in ALL apartments. The temperature in one apartment automatically affects all other apartments. Therefore, please:
- Do not use an electric heater.
- If you need to air the room, open the window only for a short while (5-10 minutes). Do not leave window open for longer periods.
You can borrow a thermometer at KTH Entré if the temperature constantly feels cooler than 19 degrees. Make a fault report and state the measured temperature if it is too low.
A sensor regulates the indoor climate
A sensor regulates ventilation and heating. It is connected to power with a red wire inside the wifi/fuse locker. The wire needs to be plugged in at all times.
- There should be no loud noise between 10 pm and 7 am. If you have friends over, please be understanding and respectful if a neighbour asks you to keep it down. If disturbances are extreme or recurring, please let us know or make a report to the police, phone 11414.
- Please leave the laundry rooms clean and tidy after using them. The doors will lock at 10 pm.
- Do no leave items in the corridor outside the rooms, stairways or entrances as these are escape routes.
Internet access is provided by Bahnhof and included in the rent. You need two ethernet cables, or one cable and a router to plug in your computer. When you open your web browser you are directed to Bahnhof’s website where you register.
How to connect to the internet in your room
There are two ways to connect to the internet, one is through a router, and the other is through an Ethernet cable.
Connecting through a router
You need to get your own router and place it in the white cupboard where it can be placed (1).
Connect a short Ethernet cable from the router to the small white box where there is also a red cable connected (2).
Connecting through an Ethernet cable
You need to get two Ethernet cables, one short and one longer. The short one should be connected inside the white cupboard between the small white box (1) and one of the cable connections (2).
Use the long Ethernet cable and connect it to the internet connection on the wall in your room and your computer.