Skip to main content
To KTH's start page To KTH's start page

Certification of documents

All documents submitted to KTH must be original documents or certified copies of the original documents. You must also translate documents that are not in English, Swedish, Danish or Norwegian, and in some cases German or French. Here you can read about how to certify a document.

How to certify documents

If you submit a copy of an original document, it must first be certified. A certified copy of a document means that someone other than yourself has signed the document, written their name and telephone number on the document. This way they are certifying that the copy corresponds to the original. The person who certifies must have seen the original document.

You can ask someone you know or a government official to certify your documents. Documents can also be certified by the issuing university, a Swedish embassy or consulate, or a notary public. You can find information about notaries on the County Administrative Board's website,

Notary Public/Notarius publicus (

Translation of documents is required for certain languages

Official translations are also required for documents in certain languages.

  • For degree certificates and diplomas, translation is required if your document is in a language other than English, Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, German or French.
  • For transcript of records, translation is required if your document is in languages other than English, Swedish, Danish or Norwegian.

The translation must be in Swedish or English. Translations can only be made by an authorized translator appointed by Kammarkollegiet, Legal, Financial and Administrative Services Agency. The translator must use the stamp of the company or organization and write their name on each page.

Search interpreter at Kammarkollegiet