Design of Products in Materials Chemistry
KF2520 Design of Products in Materials Chemistry HT 2014
This course aims to give the students an overview over the field of innovation and product design in materials chemistry, all the way from idea to product. After finished course the student should be able to:
- Explain how the innovation process is conducted on a fundamental level
- Pitch own idea to an audience
- Develop functional solutions for product design
- Set up performance profile
- Perform economic analysis
- Formulate criteria for determining whether the product can be produced or not
In addition, the student should have obtained insights into how the process is effectively performed in a company.
The course is mainly project based. The student will work with an advanced design mission within their own area of interest, together with a team. The basic knowledge from materials chemistry, the lectures in this course and other relevant subjects will be used to find solutions to the design problem. The course will provide skills in setting up specifications and carrying out innovative processes.
- Anna Carlmark Malkoch Examiner