Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The degree project should constitute a specialised study in the main field for first-cycle studies to satisfy the requirements for higher education qualification. The course is designed as a limited project of independent nature within Geoinformation Technology/Geodesy.
Intended learning outcomes
After completed degree project, the student should be able to
- show knowledge of the disciplinary foundation of the chosen subject area, applicable methods and orientation in current research and development and show advanced knowledge within some part of the subject area
- demonstrate the ability to search, collect and use relevant information critically and identify one's needs of additional knowledge
- demonstrate the ability to formulate, assess and handle problems and critically discuss phenomena, issues and situations
- demonstrate the ability to plan and with applicable methods carry out assignments within given time frames
- demonstrate the ability to orally and in writing in dialogue with different groups account for and discuss information, problems and solutions
- demonstrate the ability to make assessments considering relevant scientific, social and ethical aspects
- show such skills that is required to work independently within some part of the main study field of technology
- Demonstrate an understanding of the meaning of a sustainable development within the subject area
Literature and preparations
At least 135 credits courses of which 60 credits with progressive specialisation at first cycle level within the main field of study. It is examiner that decides, if the student has the specialisation that is intended before degree project is started.
Relevant literature to be able to carry out the degree project.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- XUPP - Examination Question, 15.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
The degree project should normally be carried out under the programmeÂ´s last semester. To pass the degree project must the achievement not be below any of the expected learning outcomes of the course.
Other requirements for final grade
Accepted examination assignment that is presented at a seminar.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web AG181X