CB1170 Biotechnology for a sustainable society 1.5 credits
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The aim of the course is to get the student acquainted with biotechnological applications in different areas of the society. Based on fundamental knowledge witin sustainability, the role of biotechnology in the society and its impact on humans and the environment is analyzed. The student also practices skills needed in the work environment in which the engineer is active like searching and critically reviewing sources of information and oral and written reporting.
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student has achieved the following objectives:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the role of biotechnology in the development of a sustainable society,
- Demonstrate the ability to critically and systematically search for and use scientific and technical information,
- Demonstrate the ability to orally and in writing present the work to a given target group with relevant structure and content
Literature and preparations
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Homework 1, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Active participations in the seminars and the exercises.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web CB1170