This course will be discontinued.
Last planned examination: Spring 2021
Decision to discontinue this course: No information inserted
Gives basic knowledge of computer practice and programming.
Course offering missingCourse offering missing for current semester as well as for previous and coming semesters
Content and learning outcomes
Computer skills: a systematic walkthrough of files, catalogues, shortcuts (links), file and catalogue management.
Programming: variables, data types, control structures, functions, and lists
Intended learning outcomes
The goal of the course is to give the students
- Basic knowledge of computer practice and programming.
so that they will be able to
- participate in an introductory Computer Science course together with experienced computer users in an university engineering education.
The course is given at a distance.
Literature and preparations
For single course students:
- Completed upper secondary education including Mathematic C or Mathematic 3b alt 3c.
From summer 2014 the eligibility criteria is reduced to:
general entry requirements
Computer usage (knowledge in usage of mouse, keyboard, web browsers)
Computer with a webbreader and internetaccess.
Ingår i det som du får tillgång till på kursens hemsida.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- LAB1 - Laboratory Work, 0.8 credits, grading scale: P, F
- LAB2 - Laboratory Work, 0.8 credits, grading scale: P, F
- LAB3 - Laboratory Work, 0.7 credits, grading scale: P, F
- LAB4 - Laboratory Work, 0.7 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
In this course all the regulations of the code of honor at the School of Computer science and Communication apply, see: http://www.kth.se/csc/student/hederskodex/1.17237?l=en_UK.
Other requirements for final grade
Programming assignments (LAB1-4; 0.75 cr. each)
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
No information inserted
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
No information inserted
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web DD101N
Main field of study
Introductory courses in Computer Science, such as DN1212 Numerical Methods and Basic Programming, DD1310, DD1311 Programming Technique, and DD1340 Introduction to Computer Science, 2D1342, 2D1343 andDD100N
RCN, e-post: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please observe that this course cannot be counted in your degree.