This course has been discontinued.
Last planned examination: Spring 2020
Decision to discontinue this course:No information inserted
The course treats principles for object oriented programming, object oriented programming in Java, modeling with UML and design patterns.
Information for research students about course offerings
If you have any questions about the course: please contact Christian Smith,email@example.com!
Content and learning outcomes
Programming in Java including library usage, modeling with UML, principles for object oriented design, design patterns.
Lab work in Java, UML tasks.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course the student should be able to
- explain and use object oriented concept
- use object oriented principles in programming
- draw UML class diagrams to plan and document programming work
- interpret UML class diagrams
- describe some common design patterns and recognize situations where they should be applied
- develop object oriented programs in Java
- use Java's library classes and frameworks.
Literature and preparations
DD1345 Fundamentals of Programming and Computer Science or corresponding.
Will be announced at least 4 weeks before course start at course web page.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- LAB1 - Laboratory Assignments, 2.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- LAB2 - Laboratory Assignments, 2.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- TEN1 - Examination, 2.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
In this course all the regulations of the code of honor at the School of Computer science and Communication apply, see: http://www.kth.se/csc/student/hederskodex/1.17237?l=en_UK.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web DD1346
Main field of study
DD2352 Algorithms and Complexity, DD1334 Database Technology, DD2387 Program System Construction using C++, DD2423 Image Analysis and Computer Vision, DD2431 Machine Learning, DD2418 Language Engineering and others.
Only one of the following courses can be counted in your degree:DD1346, DD1332, DD1340, DD1341, DD1342, DD1343, DD1344, DD2385.