DH2460 Software Design - Business - Leadership 12.0 credits
Programvarudesign - ekonomi - ledarskap
This course has been cancelled.
Software Design. Business. Leadership. Integration.
Education cycleSecond cycle
Main field of studyComputer Science and Engineering
Information and Communication Technology
Grading scaleP, F
Last planned examination: autumn 17.
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
The main goal of the course is to integrate the students’ earlier studies in software design, business and leadership while studying problems that are so compound that they need competence from different areas to be solved. This is done in a project within an organization or a company. By the end of the course the students will by able to:
- identify, integrate and describe aspects of software design, business and leadership within an organizational context
- plan, carry out and critically evaluate a project that aims at illuminating and/or solving a compound problem from a holistic perspective
- choose and justify the choice of suitable methods in order to systematically (empirically) collect information with the purpose of illuminating the situation
- analyze and interpret collected information from software design, business and leadership perspectives
- relate, contrast and explain practical results with theoretical concepts and models
- describe, analyze and reflect upon ones’ own and others’ project work both verbally and in writing.
Course main content
The course mainly consists of project work. The students will apply investigation methodology and inquiry methodology for software design. The project is done in cooperation between the School of Computer Science and Communication and the School of Industrial Engineering and Management and the company or organization where the project is placed. The students will solve a task independently in groups. Guidance is held mainly on the student’s request.
2D1640/DH2640 Graphics and Interaction Programming, 4D1144/ME2304 Management in Technology Intensive Organizations, or equivalent.
To be announced at least 4 weeks before course start at course web page. Previous year material produced at the department was used.
- PRO1 - Project, 12.0, grading scale: P, F
In this course all the regulations of the code of honor at the School of Computer science and Communication apply, see: http://www.kth.se/csc/student/hederskodex/1.17237?l=en_UK.
Requirements for final grade
Project (PRO1; 12 university credits).
CSC/Media Technology and Interaction Design
Åke Walldius, e-post: firstname.lastname@example.org, tel: 790 6189
Ann Lantz <email@example.com>
The course is only available for students at I (Degree Progr. in Industrial Engineering and Management) specialization PDI (Program Design and Industrial Engineering).
Course syllabus valid from: Autumn 2009.
Examination information valid from: Autumn 2007.