Course contents *
The master thesis work shall treat an interesting problem in Human Computer Interaction. In order to accept the task as suitable for a masters thesis work there has to be interesting questions from the area to explore. The main part of the work shall be on investigation and analysis.
To make a careful specification and time plan for the task and to search for and read about literature relevant for the master thesis work is included in the work. Participation in some seminars is included. The work is presented in a written report and verbally at a seminar.
The master thesis is performed individually.
Intended learning outcomes *
The aim with the master thesis work is that the student shall be able to:
- apply scientific methods with a scientific approach,
- identify and formulate a problem in a scientific accepted way,
- perform a literature review for a specific area,
- from a given formulation of a problem choose, adapt and combine different methods and be able to motivate and critically reflect on these choices,
- plan and perform an individual work grounded in formulated intermediate goals and time limits,
- practically apply knowledge and skills that has been developed during the study time,
- critically review and value a scientific work, identify strengths and weakness and suggest how to develop the work,
- produce a report with a good linguistic usage that clear and distinct describes the different steps in a specific scientific work that follows praxis for scientific reporting,
- verbally present and discuss a scientific work in a clear, distinct and adopted to recipient way within given time limits
- identify one’s need for further knowledge and continuously develop one’s own knowledge.