DH250X Degree Project in Human-Computer Interaction, Second Cycle 15.0 credits
Examensarbete inom människa-datorinteraktion, avancerad nivå
This course has been cancelled.
The master thesis is an individual work in Human Computer Interaction with an investigating character.
Education cycleSecond cycle
Main field of studyComputer Science and Engineering
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Last planned examination: spring 17.
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
The aim with the master thesis work is that the student shall be able to:
- apply scientific methods with a scientific approach,
- identify and formulate a problem in a scientific accepted way,
- perform a literature review for a specific area,
- from a given formulation of a problem choose, adapt and combine different methods and be able to motivate and critically reflect on these choices,
- plan and perform an individual work grounded in formulated intermediate goals and time limits,
- practically apply knowledge and skills that has been developed during the study time,
- critically review and value a scientific work, identify strengths and weakness and suggest how to develop the work,
- produce a report with a good linguistic usage that clear and distinct describes the different steps in a specific scientific work that follows praxis for scientific reporting,
- verbally present and discuss a scientific work in a clear, distinct and adopted to recipient way within given time limits
- identify one’s need for further knowledge and continuously develop one’s own knowledge.
Course main content
The master thesis work shall treat an interesting problem in Human Computer Interaction. In order to accept the task as suitable for a masters thesis work there has to be interesting questions from the area to explore. The main part of the work shall be on investigation and analysis.
To make a careful specification and time plan for the task and to search for and read about literature relevant for the master thesis work is included in the work. Participation in some seminars is included. The work is presented in a written report and verbally at a seminar.
The master thesis is performed individually.
The master thesis work is performed during the spring in the master program.
2D1620/DH2620, 2D1622/DH2622, 2D2630/DH2630 or 2D1312/DD1312, 2D1625/DH2625 and assigned to 2D1408/DH2408 + one of 2D1416/DH2416, 2D1655/DH2655.
It is decided individually.
- XUPP - Examination Question, 15.0, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
In this course all the regulations of the code of honor at the School of Computer science and Communication apply, see: http://www.kth.se/csc/student/hederskodex/1.17237?l=en_UK.
Requirements for final grade
Project 1 (PRO1; 15 hp)
CSC/Media Technology and Interaction Design
Kristina Höök <email@example.com>
Usual examiner is Jan Gulliksen. Other examiners are Yngve Sundblad och Ann Lantz.
Course syllabus valid from: Autumn 2009.
Examination information valid from: Autumn 2007.