Course contents *
â¢ How do second-cycle studies at KTH work?
â¢ How do the labour market and the professional role look? Study visits.
â¢ The aim and parts of the Master's programme: courses, tracks and master thesis.
â¢ Self-reflection- what do I want with my education?
* Planning before degree project- identify interested parties and formulate a degree project specification
Intended learning outcomes *
After the course, the students should be able to
* compare different workplaces, professions and roles relevant to the education,
* identify properties that employers within the disciplinary domain request
* critically review and reflect in a structured way on both the set-up and implementation of the education and their own study situation,
* orally and in writing clearly account for and discuss their conclusions and the knowledge and the arguments that underlie these
* demonstrate an understanding of the possibilities and limitations of the technology and the science, their role in the society and the responsibility of people for how they are used
* critically, independently and creatively identify and formulate issues that are appropriate for degree projects and that take consideration to relevant scientific, social and ethical aspects
* identify their need of additional knowledge and continuously develop their skills in relation to the objective of the course and the future professional role