EG3322 Modern Electricity Markets, Graduate Course 5.0 credits
Moderna elmarknader, doktorandkurs
The subject of this course is methods and models used for planning, operation and analysis of power systems and electricity markets.
Education cycleThird cycle
Main field of study
Grading scaleP, F
Information for research students about course offerings
According to agreement.
Intended learning outcomes
After the course, the student should be able to
- describe the development and latest trends in electricity market design and its connection to operation and planning of power system,
- give a presentation on a topic from the field,
- discuss a topic from the field with other researchers as well as engineers, economists and policy makers from the industry,
- analyse and reflect upon different models and methods for electricity market design and planning and operation of power systems.
Course main content
Electricity market design, planning and operation of power systems, computational and simulation techniques relevant to analysis of modern electricity markets.
The course is intended for Ph.D. students in electric power systems, but can also be interesting for students from other fields of electrical engineering.
Technical reports and scientific publications.
- EXA1 - Examination, 5.0, grading scale: P, F
The result of the project is reported in a seminar as well as a technical report (about 10-20 pages)
Requirements for final grade
Approved technical report.
EECS/Electric Power and Energy Systems
Lars Nordström <email@example.com>
Lennart Söder <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mikael Amelin <email@example.com>
Mohammad Hesamzadeh <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Course syllabus valid from: Autumn 2011.
Examination information valid from: Spring 2019.