EG3323 Modern Electricity Markets, Major Graduate Course 10.0 credits
Moderna elmarknader, större doktorandkurs
Education cycleThird cycle
Main field of study
Grading scaleP, F
Spring 19 P3 (10.0 credits)
Language of instruction
Form of study
Number of places
Intended learning outcomes
After the course, the student should be able to
- describe the development and latest trends in electricity market design and its connection to operation and planning of power system,
- give a presentation on a topic from the field,
- discuss a topic from the field with other researchers as well as engineers, economists and policy makers from the industry,
- provide an in-depth analysis and reflect upon different models and methods for electricity market design and planning and operation of power systems.
Course main content
Electricity market design, planning and operation of power systems, computational and simulation techniques relevant to analysis of modern electricity markets.
The course is intended for Ph.D. students in electric power systems, but can also be interesting for students from other fields of electrical engineering.
Technical reports and scientific publications.
- EXA1 - Examination, 10.0, grading scale: P, F
The result of the project is reported in a seminar as well as a technical report (about 20-40 pages) or a scientific paper.
Requirements for final grade
- Approved seminar.
- Approved technical report.
EECS/Electric Power and Energy Systems
Lars Nordström <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Lennart Söder <email@example.com>
Mikael Amelin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Mohammad Hesamzadeh <email@example.com>
According to agreement.
Course syllabus valid from: Autumn 2011.
Examination information valid from: Spring 2019.