HL102X Degree Project in Medical Engineering, First Cycle 15.0 credits
Examensarbete inom medicinsk teknik, grundnivå
The main content is a supervised work solving a biomedical technology problem related to one of several students shared larger context, oral and written communication, and evaluation and critical review of own and others' results in the same or related context.As support for this process there will be a series of seminars treating information retrieval as well as the creation and review of oral and written presentation of technical information.
Education cycleFirst cycle
Main field of studyTechnology
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
After completing the course students will be able to:
1. Apply relevant knowledge and skills acquired in one of its areas of application, by independently reviewing and discussing issues and solving major problems at the first level within this application area.
2. Apply international and national regulations, where necessary, and show awareness of social and ethical aspects, including economically, socially and ecologically sustainable development.
3. Reflect on and critically review their own and others' scientific achievements.
4. Documenting and oral and written presentation of their work with respect to structure, formality and language management.
5. Identify the need for further knowledge and take responsibility for their own acquiring of knowledge.
6. Planning and independently perform basic sub-projects, which also requires interaction with others to achieve a coordinated objective
Course main content
- Seminar series treating information retrieval as well as the creation and review of oral and written presentation of technical information.
- A supervised thesis work regarding a clinical problem with economic, technological and medical aspects.
Oral and written communication, and evaluation and critical review of own and others' results in the same context.
Completed courses required by the program
Compendium that summarizes the seminar series and information about the project
- XUPP - Examination Question, 15.0, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
CBH/Biomedical Engineering and Health Systems
Tobias Nyberg (email@example.com)
Mats Nilsson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Course syllabus valid from: Autumn 2010.
Examination information valid from: Spring 2019.