Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The course contains the following parts:
• Research ethics
• The professional role and ethics
• Research ethics: people as research subjects and computer issues
• Sustainable development:
Intended learning outcomes
Having passed the course, the student shall be able to:
• identify and describe examples of ethics and sustainability aspects related to the student's subject area
• orally as well as in writing give examples of and explain societal and ethical aspects as well as sustainable development in the student's subject area.
Literature and preparations
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PRO1 - Online quiz, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web II2210
Main field of study
In this course, the EECS code of honor applies, see: http://www.kth.se/en/eecs/utbildning/hederskodex.