During this course students will apply the design techniques for advanced mixed-mode circuits and systems. The focus is on applying the top-down and design reuse methodologies to complex mixed-signal ICs. The physical design issues and layout techniques will be addressed.
The following is a tentative list of topics to be covered:
· Mixed-mode design flow; Top-down and bottom-up, constraint-driven design methodologies; Design reuse (IPs);
· High-level design and optimization¸ Behavioral modeling and simulation; Macromodeling algorithms;
· Multilevel and mixed-domain simulation; AHDL macro models;
· Computer-aided design considerations for mixed-signal coupling;
· Functional verification;
· Floor planning and physical implementation; Layout tools for analog ICs and mixed-signal SoCs;
· Specific simulation methods for mixed-mode integrated circuits;
· Examples of mixed-mode circuits for SoC platforms.