IS2206 Research Methods in Computer Systems Engineering 7.5 credits
Forskningsmetoder för datorsystemteknik
This course has been discontinued.
Last planned examination: Spring 2000
Decision to discontinue this course: No information inserted
You will learn to critically review and value recent research results in computer systems engineering. You will also get knowledge about the methods and tools used for experimental computer system research.
The student will after this course be able to:
- Describe what constitutes a successful research study
- Know about the most important publication fora for research papers in computer systems engineering
- Search for related research in publication databases, search engines and patent databases
- Identify weaknesses and strengths in recent research articles in the subject
- Generalize results from a research paper to related research problems
- Formulate researchproblems based on a previous study
- Formulate a hypothesis given a research problem
- Plan experiment needed to support a hypothesis
- Carry out aliterature study within the field of a research problem