LS1512 Swedish A2 for Engineers 7.5 credits
This course is for those of you who already have some previous Swedish knowledge. In this course, you will deepen your Swedish knowledge and build upon what you have already learned. You will be able to handle everyday situations, such as talking about your field of study or searching for an apartment, and make comparisons between Sweden and your home country. The course contains oral and written assignments where you will get the opportunity to practice both grammar and vocabulary.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
Reading comprehension and command of basic Swedish grammar are improved through work on different kinds of simple texts. Students practice pronunciation, as well as the ability to express themselves orally and understand simple and clearly spoken Swedish in dialogues and conversations Simple writing exercises. Certain facts about Sweden, Swedish culture, society and technical development.
Intended learning outcomes
The intended learning outcomes of the course refer mainly to level A2 according to the CEFR, the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages, and aim to strengthen the student's global competence
On completion of the course, the student should, in addition to what is specified in courses at the lower level, be able to:
• understand and distinguish the main contents in clearly spoken standard Swedish with very common words on well-known subjects
• understand and find information in short and simple texts
• describe everyday and simple situations about, for example, daily life, studies and work, e.g. in the form of a short presentation
• account for certain facts about Sweden
• participate in conversations that require a simple and direct exchange of information on well-known subjects
• use the language in everyday and very simple situations
• Language systems
Apply for the level adequately phonetic/orthographic, morphological, syntactic and lexical knowledge in the Swedish language
Literature and preparations
Basic university qualification. Completion and pass of Swedish A1 for engineers, equivalent older course, or the equivalent knowledge demonstrated in a compulsory placement test taken before applying for the course.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- KONA - Assessment, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- LEX1 - Continous Assessment, 6.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
The examiner determines, in consultation with the KTH coordinator for support to students with disabilities (Funka), possible customized examination for students with any documented and permanent functional disability. The examiner may offer a different type of exam for re-examination of individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
All examination parts passed
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web LS1512