MF1038 Design and Product Realization, Form and Function 6.0 credits
Design och produktframtagning, form och funktion
This course has been cancelled.
The course is one of the caracter courses in the program design and product realization. It aims to enhance students' ability to propose solutions to product problems and to develop skills in design and product visualization. The course aims also at creating an understanding of the link between manufacturing and product design and function and provide basic knowledge of user-centered product development.
Education cycleFirst cycle
Main field of studyTechnology
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Last planned examination: autumn 21.
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
After accomplished course you shall be able to
- analyse a product regarding function, solution and properties as well as colour, form and usability
- describe and motivate product design,
- analyse components in a product in order to identify functional carriers,
- with sketches and models visualise and presents ideas and products.
Course main content
The course focuses products functions and how these are realized by technical components, shapes and colors. The course includes the following: function analysis, product semantics, form and structure variation, product symbols, component analysis (shafts, bearings and clutches, etc.), coloring and sketching.
Least 15 credits and
CDEPR/P: MF1046/MF1011/4F1011/, MF1037
Design and Product realisation Introduction.
To be decided later
- LAB1 - Laboratory Work, 1.0, grading scale: P, F
- PRO1 - Project, 3.0, grading scale: P, F
- ÖVN1 - Assignments, 2.0, grading scale: P, F
Stefan Ståhlgren (email@example.com)
Stefan Ståhlgren <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Course syllabus valid from: Autumn 2011.
Examination information valid from: Autumn 2008.