Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
The course aims to give student possibility to design innovative and user adapted proposals vis-à-vis an external employer. Student should be given the opportunity to develop and evaluate new ideas for innovations that can be implemented to create lasting use and value for a specific target group. In projects, the students learn to identify, organise, design and evaluate innovation work. Through knowledge and practices from different knowledge fields and scientific perspectives, the students learn about idea and business development, user involvement, cooperation and operational planning. The students are also given tools to apply interactive and creative work and design methodology to be able to handle incomplete given problems while still making reasonable and independent assumptions.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the course, the student should be able to:
- Identify, analyse and present context and target group
- Relate scientific perspectives to different practices
- Develop, plan and evaluate new innovation ideas
- Apply interactive and creative work and design methodology
- Visualise and shape early phase of innovation project through sketches and prototypes
- Identify and analyse complex phenomena and present new innovation ideas that can be developed and implemented to be of lasting use and value for a specific target group
- Design an organisation for multidisciplinary project co-operation
- Handle problems that are incompletely specified by making reasonable assumptions
- Be able to communicate orally and in writing:
- Different aspects of cooperation and innovation, reflections on your own behaviour in work groups and relate it to the work group's dynamics
- Problem definition, idea and the concept delivery vis-à-vis non-specialists outside the own subject
- Applied work process and implemented results to the project provider and other external interested parties
Literature and preparations
Completed courses of 180 credits in the main area of the education or equivalent.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PRO1 - Project, 7.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Examination of PRO1 implies:
- written and oral presentation of innovation project,
- participation in lectures and seminars related to development project,
- individual written reflection.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web MF2080
Main field of study
The course is given in English.
There are courses that have the same content: MF2065 is overlapping.
MF2080 and MF2081 together correspond to MF2065.