ML1109 Sustainable leadership with lean 2.0 credits
Content and learning outcomes
Introduction to Lean leadership,
Why lead? – about leadership versus management,
Have a foundation in leader contributions, aims and assignments,
The sustainability concept,
Reveal and see – about visual control, gemba and motivation,
Hoshin Kanri (Policy and improvement deployment) connected to sustainability,
SCARF – to lead with or against one's brain,
Challenge – about learning and Tough Care,
Build – about leading systematic improvement
The importance of courage and upper management,
Systematic improvement work connected to sustainability.
Intended learning outcomes
On completion of the course, the student will be able to:
- discuss and reason about models for Lean leadership related to the preconditions and sustainability of the leadership and how these influence one's own leadership
- translate models and methods to one's own situation and activities and concretise these in an action plan
Literature and preparations
Professional experience of working in a leadership role (min. 2 years) and professional experience of working with Lean.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PRO1 - Project, 0.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- SEM1 - Seminars, 1.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Attendance at 10 of 13 scheduled classes is required to pass the course.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web ML1109