Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
Lectures and seminars with preparatory work and assignments. Performing a risk analysis and work analysis with external partner. Active exercises for creative thinking and problem solving. Debate on future work and sustainability. Project work on sustainable work in production system development.
Intended learning outcomes
After completed course, the students should be able to:
1. analyse a sociotechnical system with respect to human, technology and organisation, for design of sustainable work systems
2. explain the function of a work system from technology and work processes to a national level
3. discuss laws and regulations from perspectives of both an employer and employee
4. apply methods for analysis of risk and safety in a production system
5. explain definitions and concepts relevant for equality and equal terms
6. apply inclusive methods for innovation and problem solving
7. plan a development project, including implementation
8. discuss opportunities and challenges for sustainable work in the future form a historical and technical perspective
Literature and preparations
Completed course ML1500 and ML5103 or the equivalent.
Kurslitteratur meddelas senast 6 veckor före kursstart
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- INL1 - Assignments 1, 1.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- INL2 - Assignments 2, 1.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- PRO1 - Project, 2.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- TEN1 - Written examination, 2.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- ÖVN1 - Exercises 1, 1.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
- ÖVN2 - Exercises 2, 1.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web ML1505