Bachelor's Programme in Real Estate and Finance (TFOFK), Programme syllabus for studies starting in autumn 2011
Last edit: 05/03/2013
Valid for students admitted to the education from autumn semester 2011
Current list of courses in appendix 1
Current descriptions of tracks in appendix 2
Apart from the stated goals for a Bachelor of Science degree, the students should be able to reach the following targets:
Knowledge and understanding
• To reach a level of specialized knowledge enabling the completion of advanced tasks within the field of economy, law and mathematics with a specialization towards the stated fields of work in real estate development and finance
Skills and abilities
• To be able to develop an advanced capability of communicating verbally and orally in the stated fields of real estate development and finance industry
• To develop a capacity to follow and apply the latest findings within the real estate and finance fields, both concerning practices and relevant research.
• To be able to develop a capacity to act independently, and in groups, in translating formal knowledge into practices in the field.
Ability to make judgments and adopt a standpoint
The bachelors program aims to provide the students with:
• a profound knowledge regarding the role of the real estate and finance industries in the overall context of building society and how the real estate industry contributes to a sustainable society.
• a deeper understanding of the perspective of the customer in both the real estate and finance industries
• a genuine knowledge regarding the implication of law and the legal infrastructure in decision-making processes in both the real estate and finance industries
• preconditions for making complex decision-making sequences with regard to relevant research and societal implications, for different types of projects within the fields of real estate and finance industries
• a capablility to use their acquired knowledge in the field in order to be able to develop their own career competences and how these can be enhanced.
Complete information regarding the overall requirements for bachelors degrees can be found at http://intra.kth.se/