Senast ändrad: 2015-04-27
Kunskap och förståelse
After completing the Medical Biotechnology programme the students should:
- have knowledge and skills in biotechnology and chemistry with an emphasis on medical applications.
- be able to grasp information and communicate with experts in neighbouring subjects to biotechnology and chemistry, such as physics, biology and medicine.
- have knowledge about biological and chemical processes on a molecular-, cellular-, and organism level.
- have a deep understanding of current research and development in one area of medical biotechnology.
- have some knowledge about the biotechnological industry in Sweden and in other countries.
Färdigheter och förmågor
After completing the Medical Biotechnology programme the students should have:
- a capacity to critically and systematically integrate knowledge and analyze, judge and use complex information of technical and scientific nature from various sources even when it is not complete.
- a capacity to analytically, independently and creatively identify, plan, execute and evaluate questions with adequate methods within a given timeframe and thereby contribute to the knowledge development.
- skills in the use of standard and advanced biotechnological methods and techniques on a level appropriate for continued studies as a doctoral student.
- skills in oral and written technical communication with both experts and non-experts of biotechnology and chemistry.
Värderingsförmåga och förhållningssätt
After completing the Medical Biotechnology programme the students should be able to:
- critically evaluate existing and new technological advancements in biotechnology and apply them to develop improved or novel commodities for society.
- use biotechnological methods, products and processes in a responsible manner.
- understand the impact of biotechnological research and developments on a social, ethical and gender level.
- understand the implications of biotechnological developments in the context of a sustainable society.
- identify the need for additional knowledge and be responsible for his/her own knowledge development
For more information see “Local regulation for degrees at first and second cycle, local system of qualifications”