Application for exchange students
- April 15 for studies/project work starting in August or later in the autumn.
- October 15 for studies/project work starting in January or later in the spring.
Please make sure that your complete (web-based and paper) application with all required documents have reached KTH by the deadline. Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
The application form for the academic year 2014/2015 is now closed, but will open again before the spring 2015 application period in early September.
If you have been nominated by your home university for exchange studies at KTH, please submit the application (on-line and paper based) according to the steps below. The form also includes application for Swedish language courses at KTH and accommodation.
Application, step by step
1. Read the information about how to select courses before starting your application
2. Complete the first step of the application form and submit it online (see link below)
3. You will receive an e-mail on how to proceed with your application
4. Prepare the following documents to be uploaded in the application:
- Verified* transcript of records, i.e. list of courses completed at your home university
- Verified* copy of valid passport/national ID-card/identity card with citizenship indicated
- A recent photo
5. Upload a complete, signed and approved learning agreement listing your selected courses
6. Print the application form and have it signed by your home university
7. Send the printed application form (already including the uploaded photo) and all the signed documents by post to the school you are applying to at KTH, address stated in the application.
* i.e. signed by home university contact person.
Please note that your application will only be assessed once the complete paper application has reached KTH. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered.
In case of technical problems with the application system, please contact:
Letter of acceptance
You will receive a notification of admission a few weeks after deadline. If admitted, you will receive a "Letter of Acceptance". This is the formal decision about studies at KTH and is, for non-European citizens, used to apply for ain Sweden. It is important that you bring your letter of acceptance when going to Sweden, and you should apply for the residence permit as soon as possible, as the process may take up to three months.