Skip to main content

Funka - compensatory support for students with disabilities

Students with documented, permanent disabilities can receive compensatory support in their studies at KTH. The group that coordinates supports is called Funka.

Apply for support

Who can apply for support from Funka?

What certificate do I need to send in?

Apply early if you have a physical disability, visual impairment or need a sign interpreter.

Apply for support

Pre-order support during examination

Some support needs to be pre-ordered before each examination. To know what support you need at a specific examination, you need to notify us before each examination.

What support you need to pre-order and order form

What support can I get?

What support you can get is an individual assessment and depends on what disability you have. Some common support is extended writing time, typing on a computer or note-taking support.

How to get your support during the examination

Apply for support on time

When the registration period for the exam has closed, it is too late to receive recommended support for the upcoming exam period. To get your support registered before the registration for the exam has closed, you need to have submitted a complete application and had your first meeting with a Funka coordinator.

Exam schedules and date for registration for exams

What is a disability?

In accordance with the Discrimination Act ( , KTH conducts targeted work to actively promote equal rights and opportunities for students with disabilities.

The Law defines disability as permanent physical, mental or intellectual limitation of a person’s functional capacity that as a consequence of injury or illness existed at birth, has arisen since then or can be expected to arise (Discrimination Act, 2008: 567).

Its aim is to make Sweden´s universities more accessible and to counteract discrimination. 

A film about Funka

Belongs to: Student web
Last changed: Feb 06, 2024