Skip to main content
To KTH's start page To KTH's start page

Funka - compensatory support for students with disabilities

Students with documented, permanent disabilities can receive compensatory support in their studies at KTH. The group that coordinates supports is called Funka.

What support can I get?

What support you can get is an individual assessment and depends on what disability you have. Some common support is extended writing time or note-taking support.

Support you can get

Apply for support

Students with permanent disabilities can apply for compensatory support. Here you will find information about how to apply and what certificates you need to send in.

Apply for support

Examination with support

Some support needs to be pre-ordered before each examination. To know what support you need at a specific examination, you need to notify us before each examination.

Examination with support

Apply for support on time

When the registration period for the exam has closed, it is too late to receive recommended support for the upcoming exam period. To get your support registered before the registration for the exam has closed, you need to have submitted a complete application and had your first meeting with a Funka coordinator.

Exam schedules and date for registration for exams

What is a disability?

In accordance with the Discrimination Act ( , KTH conducts targeted work to actively promote equal rights and opportunities for students with disabilities.

The Law defines disability as permanent physical, mental or intellectual limitation of a person’s functional capacity that as a consequence of injury or illness existed at birth, has arisen since then or can be expected to arise (Discrimination Act, 2008: 567).

Its aim is to make Sweden´s universities more accessible and to counteract discrimination. 

A film about Funka