Skip to main content

Influence your education

According to the Higher Education Act, you as a student have the right to influence your education. Universities must also encourage students to take an active part in developing their education. This means that students' experience and knowledge must be taken into account. This applies both to the involvement of individual students and to students who are involved in the student union.

Student involvement increases the quality of education

When both students and staff take joint responsibility, the quality of education increases. It is therefore crucial that you, as a student, are involved and use your influence on education. You have experience and knowledge of what works well or if there is something that could be done differently. You can exercise student influence in several ways:

1. Participate in course evaluation

Participating in course evaluation is the most important thing you can do to influence education. In connection with each course, KTH must collect students' experiences and views of the course, for example, through course surveys and course committee meetings. Participating in the course evaluation improves the course for new students and increases the quality of education in general.

After the course evaluation, a course analysis will be published on About the Course in the Course and Programme Catalogue . New students in the course will be informed about actions taken based on the course analysis.

2. Become active in your chapter

THS logo

You can become active in your chapter within the Student Union of the University of Technology (THS), for example in the student committee or as a student protection representative. The study committee of the section is responsible for collecting students' opinions to improve the education of a particular programme or course together with KTH. The student protection officer works to improve the study environment and reports deficiencies to KTH regarding the physical and psychosocial study environment. 

Chapters (

3. Make comments or complaints

If you have complaints or comments about your education or study situation, you should contact your teacher, study counsellor or programme manager in first instance. In the second instance, you can submit a complaint to KTH. You can also appeal against official decisions made by KTH.

Complaints about your education or study environment