Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The course consists of a series of lectures and seminars presentations relate to a architecture frågeställning. All students produce material for a final examination.
Intended learning outcomes
- Analyze concepts, artifacts or processes within architecture and urbanism with tools and methods related to research.
- Be able to argue for and present discoveries and results with text, image, design and/or prototypes.
- With support of text and in discussion be able to present critical analysis of theoretical texts in architecture and urbanism.
- Developed the ability to reflect on aspects of sustainability in the course, with the support of texts or in discussions.
- Developed the ability to reflect on one’s own learning, with the support of texts or in discussions.
The course is based on lectures, seminars, material production and a final presentation.
Literature and preparations
Bachelor’s degree in architecture, or similar to the Basic Level of KTH Degree programme in Architecture (180hp).
Bachelor’s Degree, or an equivalent level, within the field of Architecture.
To be announced at course start.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- MOM1 - Moment 1, 3.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
A requirement for examination is 80% attendance and active participation at lectures, seminars and tutorials. Completed and approved written assignement.
Special regulations for completion apply. The rules for completion can be found on the programme web.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web A42O2A