AF175U Integrated CAD for Construction 1 7.5 credits
Integrerad CAD bygg 1
Education cycleFirst cycle
Main field of studyTechnology
Grading scaleP, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
Upon successful completion of the course, students are expected to be able to:
- explain which drawing formats and types can be used in a model-oriented CAD project
- be aware of reference lines, grid lines, coordinate systems, and measurement units
- explain the various standard line widths in a drawing how they correspond to colours when plotted
- describe drawing size and scale, as well as the connection between objects in their natural size, in model drawings and on paper in CAD programmes
- handle layers and be aware of standard layer systems
- write text in building standard size and adjust it for different drawing environments
- draw and edit objects in CAD modelling environments and handle it in a paper environment
- create and use blocks and symbols in a CAD programme
- manage plotted printouts of model environments and layout environments, made-to-scale plots and plots with correct line widths while using plotting table files
- use external references (links) between drawings and know how to use these in the planning phase
- handle application programmes when setting up a construction project and 3D modelling
Course main content
- Basic theory on building standards and drawing techniques, system lines and coordinate systems for staking points and explanations about various types of drawings: plan, elevation, sectional, detail and site plans
- Basic information on drawing types and planning work in the building industry
- User interfaces and drawing environments in CAD programmes
- Coordinate systems, lines, line types and managing scaling line types in CAD
- Drawing and editing commands
- Layers and plotting
- Text and dimensions
- Hatching on two-dimensional surfaces
- Blocks in construction drawings
- Documentation and managing layout as well as regulations on plotting and printing
- External references in practice
- Creating projects in application programmes for construction
General entry requirements
Kompendium i CAD: "Grunder och Projektering"
- PRO1 - Project, 5.0, grading scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Examination, 2.5, grading scale: P, F
Requirements for final grade
The student must pass both the project assignment and the examination in order to receive a final grade for this course.
Final grades are awarded in accordance with the P/F scale.
ABE/Constructional Engineering and Design
Ahmad Reza Roozbeh (email@example.com)
Ahmad Reza Roozbeh <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Commissioned Course. Admittance to the course can only be purchased by a legal entity who appoints course participants.
Course syllabus valid from: Spring 2012.
Examination information valid from: Autumn 2012.