Course contents *
The course is divided into four parts:
1 How projects are initiated, land-use planning.
- planning law, planning methods, the role of political processes and the role of the market, forces driving the development process
2 Physical and environmental aspects
- land, water and sewage systems , energy systems and environmental planning
3 Design, construction and implementation
- the role of design, the basic structures of buildings and installation systems, project management
4 Economics, ethics and the history of technology
- economic consequences and economic calculations, ethical aspects in the urban development process and the role of the expert, introduction to forces that drive the development of technology.
In each part basic knowledge is presented in Lectures and Exercises. Term papers are written in each part: A specific project is analyzed from different perspectives
Intended learning outcomes *
The aim of the course is to give basic knowledge about:
- the different stages in the urban development process
- the factors that affect the process
- the methods and the analytical tools that can be used in different stages