Content and learning outcomes
This course is about plastics and other polymeric materials in a circular society. The properties, production, strengths and weaknesses of the most common polymers are described, both from a user’s perspective and from a sustainability perspective, aiming towards a circular economy. This is an individual project course where the student choses and analyses a real polymer-related scenario, using knowledge in circular economy and polymer science. Participants from outside academia are welcome to choose a topic related to their work experience
Note that this project-based online course will be given in Swedish!
Intended learning outcomes
After the course, the student will be able to:
- Apply methods and knowledge about polymers in a circular economy on a real-world problem related to polymers.
- Analyse, on a real-word application, opportunities and challenges for how polymeric materials can contribute to a sustainable society and a circular economy.
- Present the analysis orally and in written form.
Literature and preparations
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PRO1 - Project assignment, 2.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web CK106V
Main field of study
The target group for this course are persons who are not program students at KTH.