Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
Content and learning outcomes
Energy carriers, energy conversion processes and energy storage techniques and its corresponding components for the construction of an energy and transport system that approaches carbon neutrality.
Intended learning outcomes
After completion of the course the student should be able to:
· Describe, analyse and critically assess different ways to approach a carbon neutral energy and transport system with the purpose of being able to contribute to the development and implementation of these systems in society.
· Describe, analyse and critically asses different relevant components in a system approaching an energy and transport systems that approaches carbon dioxide neutrality.
Literature and preparations
At least 150 credits from academic studies within an engineering or natural science programme, or corresponding knowledge Documented proficiency in English corresponding Engelska B.
Information concerning course literature and reading will be given in the course PM
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PRO1 - Project work, 2.5 credits, grading scale: P, F
- TEN1 - Exam, 5.0 credits, grading scale: P, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Instances of mandatory participation will be specified in the course memo.
The course final grade, A-F/Fx, will be based on the points obtained in the exam and the project work respectively.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web CK2010