Course development and history
Select the semester and course offering above to get information from the correct course syllabus and course offering.
The students carry out an individual assignment, where they should formulate a question of issue that
can be studied with methods from computer science. They should independently choose method and carry out the study.
The results are reported both in a written report and at an oral presentation.
The student should, on completion of the course, be able to
- apply skills and knowledge acquired within the computer science and engineering programme on a given problem
- independently identify, formulate and analyse larger problems within computer science
- identify own needs for information and independently acquire the knowledge and skills that are needed to solve the problem
- justify his or her choice of method based on the question of issue and expected results
- reflect on, evaluate and critically discuss own and others' results
- document and present the work orally and in writing, with requirements of structure, contents, presentation, formal contents, style and writing
- plan the work considering requirements of time and other resources.
The students work in groups of two and are assigned a supervisor that functions as mentor during the whole course.
Regular seminars with the supervisor's groups are organised, where the student groups present how the project advances.
The course is concluded with a conference where all student groups present their results.
At least 101 credits of the compulsory courses in school year 1, 2 and period 1 in school year 3 should be completed latest 1/11
No information inserted
Material is provided during the course.
The students are expected to search supplementary literature via the library.
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability. The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.
In this course, the EECS code of honor applies, see:http://www.kth.se/en/eecs/utbildning/hederskodex