DD2465 Advanced, Individual Course in Computer Science 6.0 credits
Advanced course in computer science individually formed to suit the interests of the students.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The course gives a possibility to students with a special interest in computer science to specialise in their own area of interest and solve a design- or investigative assignment in computer science with limited supervision. Both course content and assessment are designed individually for each student. The student should contact the person responsible for their specialization or other teacher, and thereafter contact the course coordinator. The course can only be offered if the department has enough resources and skills in the current field.
No instruction is given in this course.
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student should be able to
- independently plan, carry out, report and defend a design- or investigative assignment in the computer science field
- acquire and evaluate information applicable for carrying out the task
- choose a course of approach and define, follow and follow up a plan for carrying out the task in a given resource budget,
- write legible reports in English or Swedish that satisfy established norms as to structure, language and contents
- orally report a work with certain requirements of preparation, structure, style and time
- show increased knowledge and skills in a computer science problem area.
Literature and preparations
Knowledge and skills in programming, 6 credits, equivalent to completed course DD1337/DD1310-DD1319/DD1321/DD1331/DD100N/ID1018.
Knowledge in basic computer science, 6 credits, equivalent to completed course DD1338/DD1320-DD1328/DD2325/ID1020/ID1021.
Knowledge in discrete mathematics, 6 higher education credits, equivalent to completed course SF1610/SF1630/SF1662/SF1679/SF1688.
Depends on the contents of the course.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- ÖVN1 - Written Exercises, 6.0 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Other requirements for final grade
Since this is an individually designed course, the examination formats vary. Written reporting in the form of a simple report can often be appropriate. The course is reported as Exercises (ÖVN1; 6 higher education credits).
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web DD2465
Main field of study
Please discuss with the instructor.
No teaching at the course. You can have all the courses DD2463, DD2464, DD2465 and DD2466 in your exam.
The course can be started whenever you want during the terms. You can read the course in Swedish or English.
In this course, the EECS code of honor applies, see: