EJ2120 Electrical Energy Conversion - Project Course 9.0 credits
Elektrisk energiomvandling - projektkurs
Education cycleSecond cycle
Main field of studyElectrical Engineering
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
At present this course is not scheduled to be offered.
Intended learning outcomes
The aim of the course is to understand how to make a design of an electrical energy conversion application from any given set of specifications. The knowledge is applied by designing a system for an industrial application, working in a team which requires acquiring and practising project management skills.
After the course, the student should be able to :
* explain all the tasks in a design procedure of a system for electrical energy conversion
* apply parts of the procedure to design a system for a specific application
* describe the concepts of different modelling tools and apply adequate tools to predict performance of the designed system
* analyze obtained results using knowledge about the various approximations the simulation models are based on
* report and present orally the results of the project
* do a critical evaluation of the documentation produced by other students
The student should also be able to:
*organise a project for implementation of a complex task
* plan the work of a project group considering the boundaries between the project members' functions and tasks
* schedule activities so that the tasks can be performed within a set time frame and such that a uniform and equitable division of labor between project members can be achieved
Course main content
power electronics, electrical machines, drives and control of electrical energy conversion
EJ2200 Electrical Machines and Drives or EJ2301 Power Electronics
Automatic control (for example EL1000/EL1010 Automatic control, general course)
The course literature consists mainly on current research articles and reports that will be gathered during the course. The list of references used for previous projects is available on the course webpage.
- PRO1 - Project Work, 2.0, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
- PRO2 - Project Work, 7.0, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
EECS/Electrical Energy Engineering
Oskar Wallmark <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Course syllabus valid from: Autumn 2015.
Examination information valid from: Spring 2019.