EP111X Degree Project in Electrical Engineering, First Cycle 15.0 credits
Examensarbete inom elektroteknik, grundnivå
The aim of the course is to develop the student’s ability to independently carry out and report a project work on basic level within the area of communication networks.
After the course, the student is expected to be able to apply relevant knowledge and skills to analyze and discuss problems on basic level within the area of communication networks, evaluate previous results in the area of the project, and independently plan and carry out a part of a project, interacting and coordinating with other project members.
Education cycleFirst cycle
Main field of studyElectrical Engineering
Grading scaleA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Spring 19 P3 (7.5 credits), P4 (7.5 credits)
Language of instruction
Form of study
Number of places
Viktoria Fodor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
open to CELTE åk 3, to all programs at KTH
Intended learning outcomes
After the course, the student should be able to:
- apply relevant knowledge and skills from one of the main applications areas of electrotechnology by analysing and discussing issues in this area as well as solving more complex problem on a basic level in this area,
- describe the basic concepts and nomenclature in at least one of the application areas of electrotechnology
- where required, apply international and national regulations and show awareness of social and ethical aspects including economically, social and ecologically sustainable development
- reflect upon and critically assess scientific results,
- document and report the work orally as well as in writing, with strict requirements on structure, format, and language usage,
- identify the need for further knowledge and continuously develop one’s own knowledge,
- plan and independently handle a small project, requiring interaction with others to achieve a coordinated goal.
Course main content
- Seminar series about information searching, oral and written presentation of technical information, project organisation as well as an introduction to the technical application area.
- Independent work on solving a technical problem related to an application context, oral and written communication as well as evaluation and critical assessment of ones own and other result within the same context
The main content is work on solving a technical problem related to an application context, oral and written communication as well as evaluation and critical assessment of ones own and other result within the same context. This is supported by a seminar series about information searching, oral and written presentation of technical information, project organisation as well as an introduction to the technical application area.
Eligible for study year 3. It is also recommended that 120 credits have been achieved before the start of the bachelor thesis.
Kompendium som sammanfattar seminarieserien samt utdelad information inom varje teknisk kontext.
- XUPP - Examination Question, 15.0, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
The examination is done continuously during the course in a number of specific requirements. All tasks must be passed to give a pass on the whole course. Better results will then contribute to the grade.
Requirements for final grade
- Presence at seminars
- Work plan hand in
- Work process in the project
- Written report – content
- Written report – language and structure
- Oral presentation
- Final report
EECS/Electrical Energy Engineering
Carlo Fischione <email@example.com>
Gunnar Karlsson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
György Dán <email@example.com>
Panagiotis Papadimitratos <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Rolf Stadler <email@example.com>
Viktoria Fodor <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The course consists of several moments, including seminars, independent project work, written and oral presentation.
Master programs in the wide area of communication networks.
Course syllabus valid from: Spring 2009.
Examination information valid from: Spring 2019.