This course aims at introducing the students to researchin the field of networked services and systems, and builds on previous courses for example on networking, network management, network security, distributed systems and stochastic modeling.
The course is planned primarily for students in their fourth or fifth year, preferably the beginning of their second year in their MSc programs. To register, students need to contact one of the examiners first.
Choose semester and course offering
Choose semester and course offering to see current information and more about the course, such as course syllabus, study period, and application information.
Content and learning outcomes
The course content is individual and relates to one of the following fields:
- wired and wireless network protocol design
- design of networked services
- network algorithms
- network security and privacy
- distributed systems.
Intended learning outcomes
After passing the course, the student should be able to
- address small research problems, including parts of literature study, system design, modeling and evaluation
- write short project report according to the standards of scientific publishing
in order to be introduced to research in the field of network services and systems.
Literature and preparations
The student should have at least 210 credits from the Master of Science in Engineering program or similar, or at least 60 credits from a Master Program related to the subject area.
Eligible students should be already prepared by basic courses in the area of the individual project. Preparation on most of, or all if possible, among data networks, operating systems, wireless networks, Internet-working, is presumed. This course is an extension of EP2800.
Examination and completion
If the course is discontinued, students may request to be examined during the following two academic years.
- PROJ - Project, 3.5 credits, grading scale: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Based on recommendation from KTH’s coordinator for disabilities, the examiner will decide how to adapt an examination for students with documented disability.
The examiner may apply another examination format when re-examining individual students.
Students that have not completed the project in three months after the regular end of the course offering can obtain a fail grade on the project.
Opportunity to complete the requirements via supplementary examination
Opportunity to raise an approved grade via renewed examination
- All members of a group are responsible for the group's work.
- In any assessment, every student shall honestly disclose any help received and sources used.
- In an oral assessment, every student shall be able to present and answer questions about the entire assignment and solution.
Further information about the course can be found on the Course web at the link below. Information on the Course web will later be moved to this site.Course web EP2810
Main field of study
To register, students need to contact one of the examiners first.
In this course, the EECS code of honor applies, see: http://www.kth.se/en/eecs/utbildning/hederskodex.