Course contents *
This course introduces the principles of digital image and video processing, discusses current image and video processing technology, and provides hands-on experience with image/video processing and communication methods. The course includes topics on image filtering and restoration, image transform algorithms, multiresolution image processing, image matching and segmentation techniques, as well as image and video compression.
Intended learning outcomes *
After passing this course, participants should be able to
- describe and use the principles of digital image and video processing to develop image processing algorithms,
- develop image processing algorithms for image filtering and restoration, image transformation and multiresolution processing, image and video compression, as well as image matching and segmentation,
- implement (for example with MatLab) and assess the developed image processing algorithms,
- explain algorithm design choices using the principles of digital image/video processing,
- develop image processing algorithms for a given practical image/video processing problem
- analyze given image/video processing problems, identify and explain the challenges, propose possible solutions, and explain the chosen algorithm design.
To achive higher grades, participants should also be able to
- solve more advanced problems in all areas mentioned above.