EQ2410 Avancerad digital kommunikation 6,0 hp
Advanced Digital Communications
Detta är en nedlagd kurs.
This course aims at introducing advanced topics in digital communications and providing students with up-to-date knowledge of the techniques used in modern communication systems and the principles underlying their design.
Topics include bandlimited channels, intersymbol interference and equalization, fading channel characteristics and models, the effect of fading on digital communication system, and the ways of mitigating this effect. The course will also discuss multicarrier communications, spread spectrum techniques and multiple access, with special emphasis on CDMA schemes and multiuser detection. These techniques are widely applied in modern communication systems, e.g. in UMTS/IMT-2000.
BetygsskalaA, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Sista planerade examination: HT20.
Det finns inget planerat kurstillfälle.
The student is required to show the following skills to pass the course:
- Identify and describe different techniques in modern digital communications with applications to wireless transmission, in particular in receivers and equalization, diversity, spread spectrum techniques, OFDM, coding for wireless communications, and CDMA and multiuser systems.
- Identify and describe different standardized technologies in the filed, in particular GSM, UMTS/WCDMA and different WLAN standards.
- Describe and motivate the fact that the implementation and development of modern communication technology, in particular in wireless communications, requires mathematical modeling and problem solving.
- Apply mathematical modeling to problems in wireless digital communications, and explain how this is used to analyze and synthesize methods and algorithms within the field.
- Formulate a mathematical model which is applicable and relevant in the case of a given problem.
- Use a mathematical model to solve a given engineering problem in the field, and analyze the result and its validity.
To acquire a higher grade, the student is in addition required to show the following skills:
- Identify and describe different techniques in modern wireless communications, compare different techniques and judge the applicability of different techniques in different situations.
- Formulate advanced mathematical models which are applicable and relevant in the case of a given problem. When explicit assumptions are missing, the student should be able to judge and compare different possibilities and make own relevant assumptions.
- Use a mathematical model to solve a given demanding engineering problem in the field, and analyze the result and its validity.
Kursens huvudsakliga innehåll
The course is a second course to EQ2310 Digital Communications and focuses on advanced wireless transmission.
Bandlimited Channels: Intersymbol interference, equalization, receiver algorithms.
Fading Radio Channels: Multipath propagation. Flat and frequency-selective fading. Fast and slow fading. Random channel models. Signal design for radio channels. Diversity. Modulation. Coding.
Spread Spectrum Techniques: Introduction to spread spectrum. Direct sequence and frequency hopping. Spreading sequences, receivers. Robustness toward jamming. RAKE-receivers.
OFDM: Introduction to OFDM. Frequency-domain equalization. High bit-rate transmission. Implementation aspects.
Multiuser Communications: Multiuser systems with focus on CDMA. The near-far problem. Power control, multiuser detection, comparison between FDMA, TDMA and CDMA.
För fristående kursstuderande: 180hp samt engelska B eller motsvarande
EQ2310 Digital communications
John G. Proakis "Digital Communications”.
- TEN1 - Tentamen, 6,0, betygsskala: A, B, C, D, E, FX, F
Krav för slutbetyg
Godkänd skriftlig tentamen (TEN1; 6 p).
Ming Xiao (email@example.com)
Ming Xiao <firstname.lastname@example.org>
EQ2430/EQ2440 Project course in signal processing and digital communications
Kursplan gäller från och med HT2007.
Examinationsinformation gäller från och med HT2007.