Lecture notes and selected papers / book chapters are available on the course Web page, for example:
- B. Girod, V. Chandrasekhar, D. M. Chen, N. M. Cheung, R. Grzeszczuk, Y. Reznik, G. Takacs, S. S. Tsai and R. Vedantham, “Mobile Visual Search”, IEEE Signal Processing Magazine, vol. 28, no. 4, pp. 61-76, July 2011.
- J. Sivic and A. Zisserman, “Video Google: A text retrieval approach to object matching in videos,” in Proc. IEEE Int. Conf. Computer Vision (ICCV), Washington, DC, 2003.
- D. Lowe, “Distinctive image features from scale-invariant keypoints,” Int. J. Comput. Vis., vol. 60, no. 2, pp. 91–110, 2004.
- D. Nistér and H. Stewénius, “Scalable recognition with a vocabulary tree,” in Proc. IEEE Conf. Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (CVPR), New York, June 2006.
- H. Li and M. Flierl, "Mobile 3D visual search using the helmert transformation of stereo features," Proc. IEEE International Conference on Image Processing, Melbourne, Australia, Sept. 2013.
- David Chen and Bernd Girod, “Memory-efficient image databases for mobile visual search,” IEEE MultiMedia Magazine. Vol. 21, no. 1, pp. 14-23. January-March 2014.
- X. Lyu, H. Li, and M. Flierl, "Hierarchically structured multi-view features for mobile visual search," Proc. IEEE Data Compression Conference, Snowbird, UT, Mar. 2014.