All research students are encouraged to attend international conferences and to present the results of their thesis work at international conferences. It is also important to inform colleges at the department of Land and Water Resources Engineering of your research. Thus both to ensure a high quality of your presentation and to inform colleagues at the department this course has been developed. Your presentation at an international conference may be in the form of an oral presentation or of a poster.
The content of the course is described in detail in the course PM. It entails preparation of your presentaion, either oral presenation or poster, and testing this on a group of peers prior to attending the conference. It encludes a short summary of the conference and your learning outcomes at a department meeting.
The expected learning outcomes - The student is to learn the importance of presenting their research at international conferences. They hopefully will experience how conferences can aid in increasing their network of research colleagues in their specific field. They will experience learning what other researchers are actively working on, the cutting edge research in their field. They should learn how their research fits into the larger picture of research in the field in general and how their own research can compliment other research that is actively being done in the field.
The examination consists of documentation of your work and the time spent on the course work, a minimum of 40 hours is required for 1.5 ETCS.
• Preparing the power point or poster.
• A reflection upon the comments you received by peers when preparing for the conference.
• A short written summary of the conference and how you benefited from attending the conference; contacts you made, feed back your received etc.
• Discussion of the problems you encountered and how you dealt with them.
• Your own critical review of your performance; did everything work out the way you had expected.
• A reflection upon how you this presentation was compared to previous presentations; did you implement new techniques and if so did they work well or not; would your do things differently given an other chance.
Examinatorna är programansvarig och biträdande programansvarig för dr program i mark och vatten teknik